Unaccompanied descent (rental)
Take a trip down through the Gorges of the Chassezac at your leisure, in a canoe or kayak and enjoy the calm and beauty of this natural wonder.
The descent takes a minimum of two hours over a distance of 7 Km, but of course there is no hurry you can take time out to swim, pick-nick or just relax on one of the many unspoilt beaches.
On arrival, a shuttle bus will be waiting to bring you back to your vehicle. A pick-up time will be agreed before setting off.
Many of our partners who provide accommodation also operate free shuttle busses; feel free to contact us or the reception where you are staying for further information on transport.
- Important information
- Minimum age: 7 years
- Be able to swim a minimum of 25m unaided and be able to keep your head under water.
- Be physically fit
- Departure point is the boathouse, sous les Ayres, route de Chassagnes, 07140 Les Vans.
- For terms and conditions
- What to bring with you:
- Protection solaire (chapeau, crème solaire, vêtements, …), chaussures de sports ou chaussures fermées, bouteille d’eau, cordon pour lunettes, pique-nique si besoin
- What we provide:
- Boat: Canoe 2 or 3-place or Kayak 1-place, double paddles, watertight container, life jackets and shuttle bus for the return trip.
- Prices per Canoe 2 or 3 place-boat:
• Individual rate : 17€ per person in a 2 seats'canoe
• *Group rate : 15€ per person in a 2 seats'canoe
With Ceven’Aventure, the third place in the canoe is free for children between the ages of 7 to 11.
- Prices per Kayak 1 place
• Individual rate : 23€ per boat 1 seat
• *Group rate : 20€ per boat 1 seat